CWM FX London Boat Show
Fast Facts and Figures
Friday 8 January 2015
· Adult tickets start at just £15 in advance, with two children aged 15 and under going free with every adult ticket
· The CWM FX London Boat Show takes place from Friday 9 January – Sunday 18 January 2015
· Back to a 10 day Show with Public Preview day and late night Thursday (15 January closes at 8pm)
· The CWM FX London Boat Show is a global leader and kicks off the 2015 boating calendar as the first Show of the year
· The Show celebrates its 61st event
· There will be close to 400 boats at the CWM FX London Boat Show
· There will be more than 400 exhibitors
· There will be 83 boat debuts (vs. 74 boat debuts at London Boat Show 2014) – 8 World, 3 European, 18 UK and 54 Show
· 39 products will be unveiled at the Show
· Biggest and most expensive boat is the Sunseeker 28 Metre Yacht measuring 92ft (28.15m) and costing £4,763,000 (excluding VAT)
· The smallest boat is the Ribeye TL240 measuring 8ft (2.4m)
· Boating is affordable for everyone – the CWM FX London Boat Show will have boats that range from just £300 right up to £4.5million luxury yachts. There will also be clothing and holidays available
· It’s a lifestyle show – whether you love boating, want to experience something new or just want a relaxing day out
- For all Show ticket information please visit www.londonboatshow.com
Attractions at the Show
o 4D Experience – a HD experience which takes visitors on a journey through the most epic nautical environments imaginable. Bringing to life the atmosphere, scents and soundscapes.
o Rain curtain – visitors part this dramatic wall of rain to gain access to the Show
o The Datatag Lab – the latest innovation and technology from the Met Office, Raymarine, Landau UK and the BLOODHOUND SuperSonic Car, as well as fascinating speakers on its theatre. Southampton Solent University’s first ever production model of Solent Whisper hydyfiol catamaran will be built live at the Show across the first weekend.
o Ben Ainslie Racing – sharing its goals to win the 35th America’s Cup, bringing interactive innovation to the Technical Area, the latest BAR merchandise, the foiling Nacra used in training and the Scorpion support chase boat, plus more.
o On the Water presents the Watersports Pool – 15 minute canoeing/kayaking sessions under the guidance of Rockley Watersports.
o Boardwalks – to get a closer look at the spectacular boats on display.
Personalities at the Show
· HRH The Princess Royal, Nicole Scherzinger, Sir Ben Ainslie, Sir Robin Knox-Johnston, Barry McGuigan, Vince Cable MP, Carl Frampton, Nick Knowles, Paralympic Gold Medallist Helena Lucas, boat designer Bill Dixon
The Industry – Overview
· Total revenue of UK leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry is £2.905 billion
· International trade revenue is £2.905 billion
· There are some 30,000 employees within the marine industry.
· The full economic impact of the UK marine industry and spend associated with boating participation was estimated to total £6.2 billion in 2012/13